Thursday, December 22, 2005

My (sort of) Holiday Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about ME
1…. It's Dec. 22 and my deadline for having my gifts all bought and wrapped was Dec. 15. 2. The majority of my gifts are still hiding/buried in my upstairs bedroom closet--unwrapped. But, at least I've started on it--which is better than last year! LOL 3. I still have a few gifts to buy. Well, not have to, but should. 4. I did manage to get all of the gifts made/baked that I said I would. And, it was greatly appreciated. As much work as it was, I'm really glad that I did it and that it was liked by those who received them. 5. I still want to have all of my gifts wrapped by the 24th. Guess what I'm doing tonight and tomorrow night? 6. Wait a minute, I have choir practice tonight, which should be fun since my voice has been hoarse for 4 days now. There goes my chance for the big solo (YEAH, RIGHT). Maybe Jon will wrap some presents for me once the girls go down to sleep...and I'll help when I get home. 7. I'm wondering how awful would it be if I just decided to go to Mass with the family at 4 on Christmas Eve and not sing at the 6:30 Mass. My dilemma: I do enjoy singing, especially at Christmas. I just don't like going to rehearsal in the cold, Maine evenings. 8. I really do think that time goes by faster as I get older. Wasn't it just Christmas 2004 a few days ago?? 9. I've noticed a "stripe" of gray hair near the front of my hair, right near my scalp line. It should make me feel old (which it does just a tiny bit), but I admit I kinda like it. 10. I took a 15 minute nap (Cailyn is playing outside in the neighbor's yard and Erin is at preschool!). Naps are wonderful things. 11. Wouldn't it be great if we could give naps for Christmas gifts--for friends and loved ones to use when they need it?? I know I'd love that! It always fits and I certainly would never return it. 12. When it comes right down to it, I already have all I need. I take for granted the people and things in my life. That's what the holidays should really be about--family, friends and appreciating what we have. It used to be that way, I think. I know I've been trying to focus on that a lot this year, but it's so easy to get sucked up in creating the perfect Christmas. As Charlie Brown so eloquently put it, "Christmas is too commercial!" I need to pull out my Charlie Brown special and watch it again. 13. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa or whatever you may celebrate! Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: