Thursday, August 25, 2005

Everything (ok, not really) that you wanted to know about me...

A blatant rip-off of Sheri's last blog post. Nothing like a little "me-me" to get that self absorption out of the way! Still, these were some of the better questions I've seen in these things: 1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at? It depends on what kind of mirror. If it's a "regular" mirror, it's usually my eyes. They can always reveal how I'm feeling: tired, happy, sassy... If it's a full-length mirror, it's the lower half of my body--which I then turn away from because I hate it!!! 2. How much cash do you have on you right now? Nothing. I'm in my pj's! But, I think I have about a buck fifty in my pants pocket. Jon raided the money earlier to get some fresh veggies down the street. 3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"? ingest 4. Favorite plant? Lilac Bushes 5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? No idea; I rarely check the thing...but, if I had to guess, it would be one of the Athletic Directors from the schools I had to do photo shoots at this past week. 6. What is your main ring tone on your phone? Handel's "Spring" from The Four Seasons. (used to be "The West Wing" theme, until we switched phones and now I can't get it!!! Damn, damn, damn! But, I keep lookin' and prayin'! ha ha ha) 7. What shirt are you wearing? My favorite comfy nightshirt. Light blue, well wash-worn, lavender and blue butterflies. It looks silly but feels great on! 8. Do you "label" yourself? Yes, constantly. 9. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing? Right now, I'm barefoot. But, I just bought a pair of New Balance sneakers (actually, two pairs--big sale at the mall: Buy one get one 50% off. I usually buy cheap-ass sneakers, but Jon finally convinced me to get some decent sneaks). 10. Do you prefer a bright or dark room? Darker is better, if I'm looking to relax. But, if I'm working, it needs to be kinda bright... 11. What did you have for breakfast? A bowl of Honey Combs and some raisin toast. 12. Since question 12 is weirdly missing, make some shit up. Holy crap, I didn't know I'd have to be creative with this? WTF? Ok, My favorite drink is a frozen mudslide (yeah, sissy drink) and I've never been drunk in my life. 13. What were you doing at midnight last night? In bed with a man who's core temperature must be 20 degrees colder than mine---he's cold, I'm hot!! But, at least he was giving me a back rub! 14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? Don't do text messaging on my cell. Shit, I'm still bad at talking and driving sometimes (I know! Bad Marie!) Can you image the damage I'd do trying to type and drive? Come on! 15. Do you ever click on "Pop Ups" or Banners? Nope 16. What's an expression that you say a lot? "Ya think?" (thanks to West Wing, again...) 17. Who told you they loved you last? Cailyn, as I was tucking her into bed. 18. Last furry thing you touched? Hmmmmm........ 19. How many hours a week do you work? Too many to count. I'd get too depressed, even with working from home. 20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? Zero. Got me a nice digital camera and haven't looked back. 21. Favorite age you have been so far? I'd have to say 23 for too many things I can't mention in a me-me. 22. Your worst enemy? Myself 23. What is your current desk top picture? Photo I took of a sunset across the street from my house. It was the first picture I took and said, "Hmm, maybe there's something to this photography thing..." 24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Have you heard from our sitter if she's watching Erin on Sunday?" 25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose? I'd probably say the money, because there's no way I could, or even want to change, all of the mistakes I've made. Without those mistakes, I wouldn't be the person I am today. And, while somedays I think that might not be a bad thing, when I stop to think about it, I have to admit that I'm an interesting person.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Good answers...I am also my own worst enemy. Lilacs smell beautiful and remind of my mom.

Marie Rossiter said...

Ahh, yes...#18.

Some things are best left unsaid--what the mind can dream up is sometimes even better than what a writer can create. ;)

Thanks for the email you sent back. Totally made my day.

You never know where God can bring us. I'm leaving everything to Him.

Off to check your blog!

M.