Monday, July 18, 2005

You can always go home again

Neat saying, really. For some, I know that's not always the case, but I'm very lucky to be able to come home for a visit when we feel like it. I'll be honest here: I hate the drive down and back. My folks' house in Vermont is about 5 1/2 hours from ours in Maine. Ok, it's better now that the girls are a little older, but they still get pretty squirrelly in the back seat. We haven't invested in one of those dvd players for the car, although Santa may get that added to the list when the time is right. However, once we get here, the visit goes well, and so far this one has been great! We were in the pool within 30 minutes of arriving. Grilled some burgers for dinner, had ice cream. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon and evening. Jon and I even managed to go for our own swim around 11pm (it's pretty warm in the house--although there is AC in the bedrooms). I forgot how much I like a nice, quiet night swim. We're gonna try to do that as much as we can while we're down here for the week. Our 9th anniversary is Wed and I'm trying to figure out what to do. Mom and Dad have offered to take the kids. Just not sure what to do; guess I'll have to go online and see if I can find a nice place to stay for the night for us. 9 years....wow... Ok, I'm gonna clean up a little around my mom's while she's at work. The surprise might give her a stroke, though ;) Oh, yes, I had to unravel my entire sweater last night. First, I messed up on a row, then figured out that the blasted thing was going to be too small for the baby. Back to the drawing board again. Sigh. At least it should go faster this time. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Alekx said...

Night swims are the best especially if it's a skinny dipping sort of swim.
whoooo hooooo
Enjoy and happy anniversary.

Marie Rossiter said...

Notice how I left the details out of parts of my post...hmmmm

hee hee