Saturday, July 23, 2005

Vacation all I ever wanted...

I can't believe that our time in Vermont is almost over. Those of you who go with family back home to the parents to visit know that, at time, it can be...well...a challenge. However, this week has been totally relaxing for the four of us. The kids are loving the pool; they're going to have a hard time going back to the life they knew before having a pool right outside the back door at their disposal (so will Mommy and Daddy, truth be told). During the trip, I've managed to get a bit of work done on my writing, as well as some crocheting. I've almost mastered the granny square, but still need to follow the pattern in order to get it just right. The weekend will be busy, after a restful week. Today is the town Variety Day, which as been going on in my hometown for more years than I can even count. It's mostly just a big flea market, but it has music, games and food for kids, too. Then, it will be some downtime at the house (swimming, I'm sure) for a while. Tonight all of us (grandparents included) go to a community supper. Tommorow is the big day the kids have been waiting for. A trip to The Great Escape in Lake George, NY. I've been going to this park since it was tiny Storytown in the 70s. Now, the park is owned by Great America and it's huge. My dad is off from the farm tomorrow, so we get to enjoy it all together as a family. The kids will be exhausted, but it should be fun. Then, we leave Mon morning. Time flies, as they say. Since I've been gone, I've secured 4 writing/photo gigs, so when I get home I'll be plenty busy. One of the writing groups I'm part of (Momwriters on yahoo) is running a 4-week workshop for memoir. I met my goal and got another chapter revised/completed. Here is the link to the completed essay: Voices from the Third Floor Those of you who read this blog regularly will know I've posted the story before, but it's now significantly revised and polished. I've submitted it to Long Story Short online magazine, where one of my stories was published this month. We'll see what happens. Ok, need to get ready to go. I'll try to post again before we make the drive back up to Maine! Hope everyone out there is doing well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Thank you for this.