Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Mishmosh and interactive blogs

edited because somehow I lost the gift of writing English coherently...

I'm shocked it's not June, yet, because May has zoomed by like a major league pitcher looking to bean me in the head. Seriously, there's just a lot of stuff going on here. So, in a vain attempt to be hip as well as get everyone caught up, here's what I like to call a mishmosh: which is basically a bunch of things I throw together and hope turn out halfway decent. If you're ever over at my house for dinner, I make a great Mexican MishMosh, btw.

**Cailyn's communion and confirmation were beautiful! The ceremony was great and fortunately, the families got along well enough that Fr. Claude didn't have to do a 2 for 1 ceremony: communion/confirmation in the morning with a nice little funeral to wrap up the afternoon.

**Next to the newly constructed teeter-totter that my in-laws literally dropped off in a big box full of pieces (a great way to spend a mother's day afternoon, btw, if any of you people are looking for ideas for next year....) I have the beginnings of a makeshift ark. In the past 3 weeks, we've had maybe 2 days of total sunshine. It's been surreal. The teeter totter has come in handy, though, because it's attracted a bunch of kids to our backyard. I'm hoping once I get the ark built, I can conveniently shove a few of them in there and sail them away to start life anew after the deluge stops for a while.

**Daily golden mothering moment #1: just as Cailyn wakes up this morning, I realize with horror, that the "tooth fairy" forgot to come. Oh, Good Lord. Fortunately, she didn't flip out. We just sat on the bed and I"m like, "Uhhhh". After that brilliant bit of conversation, Cailyn bails me out and says, "I'll just put it under my pillow again tonight." She goes off on her merry way to get breakfast and I'm left sitting there feeling like a schmuck.

**Daily golden mothering moment #2: Erin wakes up this morning and comes down the stairs in hysterics. Apparently, she got up, called for me and I didn't answer. That's because I was downstairs working out (*don't fall on the floor anyone*). I didn't hear here over my gasping breaths for air, I guess. So, she comes downstairs, sobbing. "I thought you left me!," she cries. God, I love Mondays.

**Yes, I'm still plugging away on weight watchers and lost almost 2 pounds last week, bringing me to 24.8. Feeling good enough to do something crazy--like, you know, exercise

**With West Wing now over, tv is pretty much a senseless wasteland. My Sunday night fix is gone as is a show that was a part of my life for 7 years. How am I supposed to replace that? Sitting and sulking in front of the history channel, discovery channel or something stimulating like that.

**Heidi, Matt and the girls are coming to visit this week! It's been about 10 months since I've seen her and I can't wait!

**Work has come to a standstill again, which is fine because things at home have been so nuts. A couple of the opportunities I mentioned in earlier posts fell through. Rejection and/or unprofessionalism sucks.

**Summer vacation will soon be here and I've been in planning mode for a week. More details on that soon.


Now to the "interactive blog" I mentioned in the title. I'm throwing out the request for any readers to post their burning questions about me and I'll answer them truthfully (well, as much as I can!) I'm borrowing (i.e. stealing) this idea from other blogs I read because I'm sure there are many things that all of you are just dying to know (read: My brain is so full of crap right now, trying to be creative is pointless!). So, ask and ye shall receive an answer in future blog posts!

Time to get on the phone and make some calls and get some stuff done around here--unforunately, I haven't invented something that will take care of my to-do list, yet. I suppose I should add that to the list, too.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Miss Marie, I want to know...

What is the most difficult choice you've ever had to make in your life??