Thursday, June 16, 2005

There's always a first for a writer!

I know I haven't posted in ages. Yeah, I'm lame. Since returning from NYC, it's been a whirlwind here and I'm still processing a lot of what I got from there. For instance, one of the lessons I learned that I need to stretch out of my comfort zone/box a little and get my writing out to the masses more. I have my website, my blog and even my byline at the paper, but when it comes to my own manuscripts, I haven't done a lot. I'm considering starting a place that I can just put all of my own writing--maybe even just here. Anyway, I have submitted my work to a number of places (magazines, e-zines, writing groups). I'm very excited to say that one of my stories has been accepted at Long Story Short, a neat literary e-zine for women writers. I will be published in the July issue! My first original story (non-feature) to be "published!". Also, I was accepted into a great writing workshop group that I applied to online. The Writing Bridge was cited as one of Writing Digest top websites for writers. I hope to get the feedback and critiques I need to kick my writing up a level and move forward in my career. Taking risks does pay off sometimes.

No comments: