Sunday, June 19, 2005

The great outdoors...

It's important to note that I'm not really an "outdoor chick" at all. The closest thing to camping I'd probably enjoy now is a pop up camper, but I think that would be stretching it a bit. Still, I have found some great opportunities to take some nice shots while out and about lately. And, to be honest, two of these moments were right outside my door. Even I can handle that...
When we got home from our Father's Day dinner, Jon noticed this web on his car antenna. I'm arachniphobic, but spider webs are just too damned interesting not to look at. Once I determined that some big eight-legged beast wasn't going to jump out and attack, I grabbed the camera and took some shots. This was one of them. The evening breeze was starting to tear it up a bit, but Miss Spider's got some strong stuff in those spinnerettes, I guess.
And then there were three...Last year, we noticed one groundhog who lived right in between our property and what was once a vacant lot next door. As our new neighbors moved in (and built a huge house, btw) it seems that our nature friend has added to the family. I know they're rodents and all (ewww), but they were pretty cute scampering around the border of the yard.
This little guy has guts. His poor home gets spied on everyday and he has some of the loudest visitors one can imagine. Still, in spite of having over 25 kids screaming and pointing, Mr. Frog (of course, I'm only assuming it's Mr.; I didn't get close enough to find out for sure, as if I'd know how to figure that out) poked his head out to get a look at who was making all the noise. I just happened to be pointing the camera that way and snapped the shot. Jon loves this picture, so I decided to post it.

3 comments:

Kimmee & Krissteen said...

OMG I love the ground hogs, the frog I can handle .. UGH.. but the spider? I cant even look at a pic of a spider without getting the willies.. lol... Hope you dont mind if I blogroll you I would love to check out your Blog and the pictures! Thanks for stopping by mine!

Unknown said...

That is an awesome pic of the web!

Kevin said...

Terrific pictures!