Sunday, June 19, 2005

Photo study: Growing up so quickly...

It still seems so hard to believe that my girls are 7 and 3. Jon and I were talking yesterday that Erin is now the age Cailyn was when we found out I was pregnant again. Unreal. As most of you know, I've been playing around with my digital camera for a while and decided to post some pics. This first group is of my girls. Neither Jon nor I know where how they wound up so photogenic (both of us hate the camera!).
Don't they just seem to love each other so much? Ok, they do. But, lately, it seems like all they do is run/thump around the house, teasing and annoying the hell out of one another. Guess that's what I missed out on by being an only child. I suppose there's an upside to everything, right? LOL This shot was taken at Cailyn's end of year primary team trip to Maine Wildlife Park. Monday is Cailyn's last day of 1st grade!
When I saw Cailyn standing there, looking like this with her 'do rag' and my sunglasses, I had horrifying visions of her in about 5 or so more years. Still, I was moved to take the picture, mostly because there's Erin in the background...trying to keep up with all of them and so inquisitive--while Cailyn stands, looking bored and oh, so cool...
This shot was taken during a carnival in Auburn in May. It's Cailyn's first time on one of those Bungee rides. She had a blast and I about had a coronary. If it weren't for the fact that I had my camera, I would have been a mess. Somehow, though, looking at her through the lens made it easier to watch (maybe because it seemed like I was a step removed. That's my story, anyway...)
This is classic Erin. She was investigating some piece of nature near my parents' house in Vermont during April vacation. Fortunately, I had the camera with me and I got the shot. Erin sees the finer details in everything, sometimes to a fault. But, when she's like this, it makes me wonder what's ticking in that 3-year-old brain of hers.

No comments: