Saturday, January 07, 2006

*WARNING* MAJOR VENT AHEAD--RATED R FOR LANGUAGE

Now that I've gotten the appropriate warnings for those who have sensitive eyes/ears, those of you who are still with me, I apologize for the following rant. ARRRRGGGHHH Why does everything have to be so damn difficult???!!!! All we wanted was one night where we could watch one fucking movie and we can't even accomplish that. Jon and I decided that we would start our own movie night. We bought each other some new DVDs and we figured we'd start tonight. The girls went to bed, although it was a little later than planned, we got our snacks and sat down to watch "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." Our piece of crap multi-disk receiver/dvd player ate our DVD and scratched it. The friggin' thing hasn't been working right for a few weeks, but we thought it might just be some of our old dvd's have scratches on them. Now, even with brand new DVDs, the fucker don't work and the ones that do, it pushes them out of the tray and scratches them to hell!!! We're 30 minutes into the movie and it just stops playing!!! Once in a while, I would like to be able to not have to take the long way, jump over a pile of hurdles, duck and cover or any other way of avoiding the proverbial shit hitting the fan. We have been working our asses off to save money, stick with a budget, cut spending, etc. We don't go out on our own much anymore because we don't want to pay a sitter and can't find one on a regular basis anyway. So, we figure this would be a great compromise: spending some quality time together, saving some money and just enjoying each other. Now, Jon is fiddling with the blasted machine and I'm here ranting. We should have gone to bed early. I know it seems trivial to bitch about something like this, but Jon and I work hard at making our girls happy, giving them what they need/want, and it's not very often we have time to ourselves. What is so hard for arranging two hours on one night of the week????? Sigh. I'm done ranting. Seems pointless anyway. Gonna get ready for bed and hope tomorrow is a better day.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

oh crap - I had this long comment written out and my computer ate it. Basically what I said was that I hope your Sunday was an improvement over Sat night.

Hugs to you!

Robin said...

We have had evenings like that, so I feel for you. I hope you guys got the machine fixed, or were at least able to relax and enjoy each other's company a little. Smile!