Thursday, November 03, 2005

Zip-ah-dee-doo-dah, Zip-ah-dee-ay...

My, oh my, I never thought I'd see this day! In about two hours, we start for our drive to Boston, where the Four Rossiters will sleep together in one room (I'm shuddering at the thought) and start our first BIG family vacation. I'm hoping the strategy of all of us going to bed at the same time will work (I do have my doubts--but, the little ones have to pas out eventually, right??). Then, it's off to Logan Airport in the morning for our direct flight to Orlando! The kids are psyched, the grandparents are psyched and I'm pretty excited. The start of vacations are always a stressful time for me. I don't care for flying; I tolerate it. Once I'm there, I'm ok. This is Erin's first flight--the girls first flight together (Cailyn is a regular plane vet, being a total of 3 or 4 times now. LOL). Jon, of course, the business world traveller sees it as no big deal. My prayer is that we survive the three-hour flight without any major meltdowns from the kids or a panic attack from me. The good news is that our airline has NICKELODEON for the kids to watch!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!! That should help. My folks are flying in from Vermont tomorrow as well and will arrive only a few minutes before we do. We're meeting up, getting our rental mini-van and beginning our week of insanity. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures. I thought of bringing the laptop and blogging our trip. Instead, I think I'll just bring along a notebook and jot down the finer points. Should make some laughable stories to share upon my return. Pray for some relaxation for me, would you? I really need it right now.... Ok, off to load the car and fill her with gas before I go pick up the girls from school. To close on an appropriate Disney note, as Tigger says: TTFN (Ta-Ta for now!) See you all on Veteren's Day evening! M.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Have a womderful safe trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Eat lots of great food and HAVE A BLAST!!!

Melody said...

Have a wonderful time in Boston. I was there last week-end and enjoyed it alot.