Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about Marie
1. I went over to a friend's house tonight who was hosting a get together for ladies whose husbands work together. I usually don't like these things and have been to as many of these social events as I can count on one hand. But, it was a small gathering and I actually enjoyed myself. 2. I gave away my first crochet item as a gift at this gathering. It went over well, or so they seemed to say. :) 3. My girls have decided that sleeping through the night is optional. Erin has been having nightmares about gorillas (damn Spongebob) and Cailyn, well, I don't know what her deal is. All I know is that it makes me pretty uninterested in getting up in the morning. 4. T-minus 7 days and counting until our vacation. 5. I bought my Christmas cards today. The plan is to have them out by Dec 1. Yes, I will do it! 6. Been having a lot of dreams about when I was a kid--or at least people and places from my youth. No idea what the hell they mean. 7. I've been thinking of redecorating the living room and the master bedroom--a lot. Have no idea where to start or what I'm doing, yet. 8. Got my contract for Toy Shop magazine in the mail. Will be seeing my name in print in a national mag within the next few months. 9. In spite of that, I've had nibbles on a few short-term freelance projects. I send my credentials and a quote and NOTHING. Waiting really sucks. 10. It seems like no matter how much I want to go to bed early, 11 o'clock seems to be the earliest my ass hits the bed. 11. No wonder why I'm tired in the morning 12. One of my friends is pregnant and I am thrilled for her. She's been waiting so long for this. I keep her in my prayers every day, even though she and I aren't close friends. I sometimes wish that we could get past whatever it is that holds us back from being better friends. 13. I wonder sometimes if I'm too particular when it comes to friends. Maybe I'm stuck up or something. I don't feel I am; I think my personality tends to push people away--that and the fact that I'm so busy....maybe I can work on that, though... Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

1 comment:

Mike Todd said...

Congrats on the Toy Shop thing! You rule.