Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What's going on in 5 minutes or less

Before I blow out the door to head to my daughter's classroom for volunteering, I thought I'd give a brief update on how life in Maine has been going. Since it's been a while since my last post, it will come as little surprise that things have been busy. 1. Jon was called out of town--again!--for training in Cinci. Girls and I are enjoying our "Mom and Daughters week". He'll be returning late Friday night. 2. My new theme song should be "On the Road Again" (if you're reading this, Mom, I know I'm stealing it from you, but too bad!!! LOL). Between volunteering at Cailyn's school, lessons for the girls (swim/gymnastics), musical rehearsal for me and travel for work, I seem to be out of the house more than in it lately. 3. Despite the fact that we're never home, the house still seems to get and stay messy. Incredible...and unfair, really. 4. I'm working on a plan to rid the house of the junk that makes it messy...and blowing up the place isn't it (my insurance company wouldn't take too kindly to that...). There are millions of people who keep a great looking house--just wish that I could, too. 5. The TV experiment keeps on going! Weekends are pretty much a free-for-all, but even then, the kids are watching less of it. The weekdays are still going well: then again, we're not home very much during the week, so that is a huge help to me! LOL 6. Got an email last night from the editor of Toy Shop magazine, whom I queried about publishing a reprint of an article I wrote on a miniature toy soldier collector here in Freeport. He loved the story and has accepted my proposal. All that's left is signing the contract, taking a few pictures of my subject and his collection and sending it in!! My first "national magazine" and from what I can see, it has a substantial following, too. I'm tapping on the glass ceiling of magazines, folks. 7. Will be pretty busy for the paper over the next few weeks/months. Re-starting my gaming series, which is what I won my award for a few weeks ago. Between that and special sections, I should have work through the holidays. 8. I do plan on submitting a short story to a contest in December...no luck on my last contest entry, but that won't stop me. 9. I've gone past my five minute mark, but actually sitting down to write feels pretty good, so I think I'll keep going! LOL 10. We're leaving for Orlando in 3 weeks! I cannot wait!! More details on that, soon! Ok, I do need to go...I have to be at the school in 10 minutes! Until later, me

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Finally a new post! I was beginning to worry there. I knew you were busy but jeez lady.... you have so much on your plate! If you find the secret to de-junking/cluttering a house... please share it with me! Whats gonig on in Orlando? vacation?

Congrats on the Toy Shop submission! woohoo!

Robin said...

Cograts on the national mag! Woo Hoo!!

Also, I live 1 hour away from Orlando, and we go there A LOT. Let me know if you need any info, tips, etc. Are you doing Disney?? Email me!

Anonymous said...

Okay Sister BREATHE!!! I am beyond excited for you on the magazine accetance. I knew it would only be a matter of time.

Luv Ya and Miss Ya

Anonymous said...

Hey there kiddo.....I don't know why you are busy...Ha Ha...by the way I will let you "borrow" my theme song...but I am still using it too....of couse "sharing the brain" probably would lead to "sharing" most things...right!!! Do you think you and I are more alike than you care to admit?! It's amazing how much I've "learned" in the last few years...9+ to be exact!!! To say I'm proud is the understatement of the millenium!!!!!!!!!!!!Love ya...Mom