Thursday, October 20, 2005

*New!* Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about ME
  1. The ol' body has finally said "Gimme a break". I've come down with a lovely head cold. Compounded with the yearly bout of seasonal allergies/asthma and my monthly visitor, this week has been a bummer. Feeling better today, but have basically done nothing...which makes me feel on edge.
  2. I am participating in the 2005 NaNoWriMo competition. (you'll see the neat little icon under my profile). What is NaNoWriMo? I think it's another word for insanity, but, in reality it's a group of people who sign up to commit to writing 50,000 in a month. Yes, you read that correctly--50,000 words. I have no assignments due in November, so I thought this might be a good way for me to just say "to hell with my perfectionism--JUST WRITE, DAMN IT!". I'm not sure how I'm gonna make the goal, since I'm on vacation the first week and have musical performances in the second week, but I'm going for it. Interested in finding out more about this crazy adventure? Click on this link www.nanowrimo.org
  3. Two weeks from today, I'll be getting ready to pick the family up for our overnight trip to Boston and then on to Orlando, FL early the next day out of Logan. Cailyn has packed already (I'm afraid to see what's in her suitcase). I have my lists, but haven't started packing just yet. The goal: pack lightly and leave the kitchen sink at home LOL
  4. I'm 5 foot, 6 inches tall
  5. I have red hair--and the disposition that goes with it--sometimes...Used to hate my hair color, but now I love it. Although, the natural curls are a mixed blessing.
  6. Fall is my favorite season. "Sweater weather" I like to call it. As one who hates extreme heat and extreme cold, this time of year is ideal!!!
  7. Been having strange dreams about babies lately. NO NO--I'm not pregnant nor do I want another one--besides, Jon and I have officially removed ourselves from the gene pool. We have two healthy girls and after losing to pgs, well...I don't see the need to risk my life..Besides, the two I have are plenty of handful for us. So, been trying to figure out what the hell this dream means..
  8. I have plans to make some of my Xmas gifts this year, but can't seem to get any of the crochet projects started correctly--having to pull out the rows. Probably due to lack of attention, I'm sure...
  9. My favorite color is teal--has been forever, I think...
  10. I'm going to be 35 in March and I have no fear or shame in it. However, I am noticing more lines and quite a bit more grey hair...which is NOT fun.
  11. My daughters are showing excellent taste in music. As I drove them to swim lessons at the YWCA yesterday, I had my iPod plugged into my car stereo. Queen's "We Will Rock You/We are the Champions" came on and there are my two princesses in the back seat, fists in the air and singing right along. ;) No bubblegum teenybop stuff for them---ok, well, they like Britney Spears' Baby One More Time (which is also on my iPod *ducks for cover* A guilty pleasure; I confess!)
  12. I'm having a craving for chinese food--Thursdays seem to be the day that we order chinese--don't know why. At first it was just a coincidence we noticed back when Jon and I were without kids...Since the kids, we haven't done it as much, but every once in a while, the mood will strike--and it's always on a Thursday. Weird.
  13. I drive a Grand-Am. Used to have a Mini-Van, but when the time came to get a newer car, I decided I wanted a car that I could still take the kids in, but look kinda cool in, too. Shallow, yep...but, I love my ride. Now, if I could only get the kids to stop filling it up with their crap! Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. Momma K's 13 2. Distant Shore's 13 (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

1 comment:

Your Mother said...

Hey, how did you get your NaNoWriMo picture to show up? I tried everything but mine is just the words with a link. It is irritating me!

PS - I'm out reading other 13s today. Have a good weekend, K