Sunday, September 18, 2005

Surprise, Surprise...

I mentioned last post that I've been dragging my feet lately when I comes to my writing...self-doubt, fears, etc. Won't get into the whole thing. Jump to today: I read in the online version of the Sun Journal that the paper won 43 Maine Press Association awards. "Cool!" I think and then decide to go to the MPA website to see who won (and mostly how many of them I know! LOL). So, I click to the site and scroll over/down to this: Click here and then scroll down to the first Weekend 1 listing (under Arts/Lifestyle story) There, among names I know and respect, I saw MY NAME! WTF?? I stared for at least a minute or two, thinking, "I'm seeing things." I called Jon and asked him to tell me what he saw. Indeed, it was my name. He asked if I even knew about the nomination. I had to stop and think for a moment. Eventually, I remembered that Ursula, one of my editors, did tell me months ago that she would be submitting one of my story packages...kinda said, "Whatever" and didn't think much of it... Until today. This development has caused me to stop and think...I'm not sure what to think about the award--3rd place is incredible and I'm so humbled...and wonder how the heck my name got there among these people that I know... Unless, I really am a writer--this is no fluke. Maybe I need to start acting like it, huh?

6 comments:

mainiax said...

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

Sheri said...

oh wow! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you Marie!

Robin said...

AAAGGHHH! That is SO GREAT!! Congratulations!!!

When you are famous, can I say that I knew you "way back when"??

:-)

Anonymous said...

How totally awesome sister. I knew you would make a go of this career move. And to think it took me months to convince. Just goes to show that this friend knows what I am talking about ( at least some of time)

Great job!! Love Ya

Mike Todd said...

That rocks! Congratulations. You sure sound like a writer to me.

Josie said...

Congratulations! That is so cool!