Monday, March 21, 2005

10 things I've noticed about my reality...

So, it's been a week without posting...horrible accountabilty on my part, I know. However, the week wasn't a total waste. Somehow, as my reality goes flying past me at a speed faster than light, I managed to pick up a few things. Never let it be said that I'm not quick..;) Anyway, here's 10 things I've managed to pick up on or notice about my reality and even those who live within it...Apologies beforehand for those I might speak of--please know I do it not out of spite or anger, but merely out of observation. :) 1. Crappy things really do happen in threes. I'll boil it down to this: 2 cases of walking pneumonia in the family (DD#1 and DH) and DD#2 needs tonsils and adenoids out in 2 weeks...Even in my friends' lives, the crap came down in triplicate over the past 7 days. Here's a rhetorical question: why doesn't the good stuff happen like that?? 2. Somehow over the past week or so, my oldest DD, who is 7, has transformed into a person I hardly recongize. The kid is as high as my chest and knows stuff that I'm pretty darned sure I had no clue about at her age--don't ask me for specific examples, because that could be an entire entry unto itself. 3. Three year olds know how to have real fun, and don't give a crap about who hears or sees them. Lately, DD#2 has taken to annoucing to the world that she's gonna "Get her booty on and sing the Wonka song." A brief clarification for those who don't speak "Threeish". One of her favorite movies is Willy Wonka and she loves the song Veruca sings...And, while I'm not thrilled that she's emulating a spoiled brat, Erin is a riot when she sings this song. She really gets into it...as for the booty part, well, she got that from one of my CD's...amazing what the youngin's pick up, isn't it? 4. It is possible to not only survive, but also have a decent day with only 4 hours of decent sleep. 5. I'm finding that I don't mind spending time alone the way I used to...in fact, some days, I long for it. 6. Writing has become a lot harder for me since I decided to do it for a living. Before I left teaching, I could write volumes. Now, there are days where banging my head against a brick wall would be less painful. Still, I love it more than anything. 7. Playing Outlaw Volleyball on my Xbox is a great stress reliever 8. After 34 years, I still haven't learned that procrastination isn't the way to go... 9. For some unexplained reason, my kids have no problem sleeping in on school days, but think that getting up at 7am on Saturday or Sunday is the best idea in the world. Maybe kids have their own time zones--much like engineers ;) 10. Keeping up with my blog is harder than I thought it would be. Whenever I write, I want to make sure it's cute or worth reading about. Some days, I just sit here and go..."WTF cares about this stuff? I don't...why would anyone else?" Yet, I keep coming back here and entering my life's work and play... Wonder what I'll discover this week about my reality? Stay tuned to see...

2 comments:

mainiax said...

But on a good note the snow in Maine is MELTING lets hope we dont get hit with this storm this weekend.

Unknown said...

"After 34 years, I still haven't learned that procrastination isn't the way to go..."

Yeah, when you figure this one out, how to learn it and maintain it, let us know!