Sunday, February 20, 2005

Getting Plowed

Ok, so here's the first of two entries for the evening. This one will be short, and the other will hopefully be a weekly thing I'll do to exercise the ol' writer's brain (on stuff other than work and the two manuscripts I've become an expert at avoiding ;) ) So, Jon and I are getting plowed tomorrow. It will be the first time for both of us--at least together. I did it once while Jon was out of town, I think, and Jon...well, let's just say that while he lived in Ohio (and before he knew me), it happened a number of times, I'm sure. Since tomorrow is a holiday, Jon is off from work. Erin is going to preschool and Cailyn is going to Angie's to go sledding and play with her friends for the day. Just the two of us. I'm supposed to be working, but we'll see how much of that actually gets done. We've been putting it off long enough and I finally said to him earlier today, "You know, I think it's time we consider getting plowed." Jon took a little convincing, but I can be persistent. After all, I think it's better to find out what it will be like when we can plan ahead a little, rather than wait to the last minute and find ourselves in a heap of trouble. No one can ever say that I'm not a planner. Reluctantly, Jon made the calls necessary in order to make it happen. We have the timing all worked out with the driver, so that we can go pick up the girls later in the afternoon and not have to worry about going off the road or anything. Yes, I think tomorrow will be the perfect time for us to get plowed for the first time together--after all, with 4-7 inches of snow forecast and a broken snowblower, who wants to be out in the driveway, on a day off, with a shovel fighting off all the others getting plowed...damn things only push the snow back into the end of our drive anyway. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.....;)

2 comments:

Marie Rossiter said...

Hee hee...yeah, well..I'm pretty sneaky that way.

Glad you got a laugh out of it. Hope L. is feeling all right and I look forward to talking to you tomorrow.

Night!

Anonymous said...

Impressesed.