Tuesday, April 04, 2006

change of blog format?

Sorry for the delay in posting, but lots of things have been clogging the brain waves.

Thanks to those of you supporting my "leap of faith" regarding my writing. I have actually been working on some of my own stuff--some of which has been in mothballs for ages.

As a result, I've been contemplating a few things about my blog. I'd like to have a site where I can post my writings--sort of in a serialized form. Perhaps one day it will be a chapter from my fiction novel, another from my memoir project and even column-like articles. Is my blog an appropriate forum for this or do I need to start another site.

I already have my "professional site", where I have my resume and a few writing samples. Then, of course, is this blog, which I'm amazed I've kept up for so long (albeit not religiously). If I start another blog, it will be more more thing to add to my "to-do" list.

So, here are my questions to all of you who are much wiser:
1. Should I keep my blog as is and start a new site for my writing Works In Progress (WIPS)

2. Should I change my blog format to incorporate both things? Sort of like WIPS along with my personal blog?

3. Any other suggestion you might have...I'm at a loss at this point, I'm so confused.

A writer needs his or her work out there to be read and commented on--heck, that's why we're all here in the blogosphere (on some level). I'm not looking for pats on the back, just constructive criticism as well as some accountability. What should I do, folks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, It has been awhile since I have read your blog. I think it would be great to read your "books" online. However, I do know that it would be alot of time and work to keep both the blog and the book updated. I think if you can figure a way to have a link to your book excerpts from your homepage would be easiest but you know me. I am far from being a techie so do what is easiest for you.

Give me a call I am off work until April 25th.

Love and miss ya