Wednesday, August 23, 2006

We return to your regularly scheduled program...

I've returned from a month-long, unintentional break from the blog. Apparently, having two children at home for the summer cuts into computer time. Fortunately, they go back to school a week from today. Seven more days of being the entertainment coordinator/referee 24 hours a day.

I shouldn't complain, though. Overall, the girls have been good. They haven't killed each other, nor have I had to offer an offspring sacrifice to the summer gods. Between that and not having to up my meds, I consider that a success.

We just returned from a 10-day road trip to New York, Ohio and Vermont. Over the next few days, I'll share some of our "adventures" from our vacation. From the visit with the in-laws, to weddings and firedancers, and even to our run in with a fleabag hotel, it was a week and a half of ups and downs.

I was hoping for a "vacation from our vacation" this week. However, once the people I've freelanced for in the past discovered that not only was I back from vacation, but also that the girls were soon returning to school, they decided that it was high time I got off my lazy ass and got back to work after taking the summer "off". LOL So, work has kept me running the past 3 days. And, honestly, I'm glad. I've missed it.

Speaking of work, I need to get back to it. I'll try to post story #1 from our trip later on today. :)

No comments: