Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The River Wild...

Great Falls on Auburn/Lewiston border
Fortunately, there wasn't the severe flooding along the Androscoggin River, but as you can see from the pictures, the river is brimming and pushing its way along aggressively. I've posted 3 pictures of what the river looks like. I've been taking lots of shots lately, of almost anything. My online photography class has been a lot of fun. I still don't understand a lot about the manual settings, but the pictures I took today were some experiments with shutter speeds and aperatures--please don't ask me to explain a lot about these: remember, I'm still learning. It was rather overcast, so the light isn't great, but not bad for still early on in my picture taking history. Sun is out now, so maybe I'll grab some more shots later, before picking up Erin. In the meantime, it's back to cleaning the house. Mom arrives in about 3 hours and I want to make sure I don't give her ammo to criticize! LOL Will post more later...

3 comments:

shannon said...

Marie, your pictures are gorgeous! I'm impressed. :)

Marie Rossiter said...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm having a lot of fun with the camera. Now, if only I could say that I really knew what the heck I was doing LOL.

Don't worry Heidi, I wasn't wading the water. First, it would have swept me to the Atlantic if I had tried and second, it just looked too darned cold. I climbed on some rocks nearby and did use my zoom.

I'm glad all of you enjoyed the shots. This week's lesson is Portraits, so watch out...I may be coming after you! LOL

Unknown said...

That looks like a RAGING... beast!